Effective Date: 1st April 2019
At RetireOn (“we”, “our”, “this website”), we are committed to protecting your privacy. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to carry out our functions or activities under the Australian Information Commissioner Act 2010 (AIC Act), the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
Regarding Personal Data (defined below), if any modifications are materially less restrictive regarding our use or disclosure of the Personal Data previously disclosed by you, we will obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is defined in the Privacy Act and means information and or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Any Personal Information you post on our website
- Any Personal Information you post on a social media platform
- Information about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, time zone settings, and other technology on the device you use to access our website
- Any information that you directly provide to us whether through our contact form, over the phone, by email or otherwise
- Cookies and Usage Data
How And When We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information on the public areas of our website through opt-in forms. We may collect publicly available Personal Data posted publicly with social media profile information. We may collect your Personal Information on the public areas of this website if you complete any of our opt-in forms and/or participate in our follow-up.
We also collect Usage Data as you use the public areas of this website, including your interactions with emails we send, and via social media platforms, and services of our marketing partners. This data may be passively or automatically collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various analytics and reporting technologies, such as cookies, locally stored objects, and mobile device identifiers, and other similar methodologies as well as similar technologies developed in the future.
We also collect personal information through our websites and social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter. We use this information to improve our website and receive feedback from the community.
Cookies are tiny pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are also used to customize content based on your browser. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you want to disable cookies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to turn off cookies. Please remember, however, that cookies may be required to allow you to use certain features of our website.
Why We Collect Personal Information
The primary purpose for which we collect your personal information is to provide you with the information, products or services you have requested and/or are provided by this website. If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. For example, if you do not join the membership of this website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only.
Storage And Security of Your Information
We will use all reasonable means to protect any of your personal information that we collected and store from time to time from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and other misuse while in our possession or control. We will not knowingly share any of your personal information with any third party other than our service providers who assist us in providing the information, services and/or goods we are providing to you. To the extent that we do share your personal information with a third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected.
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to this website or to us by email, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
Retention of Personal Information
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may also disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
- Service Providers. We may provide access to your Personal Information and Usage Data to our trusted service providers that assist us with the operation and maintenance of this website. For example, we may contract with third parties to host our servers, provide security, and optimisation, analytics, reporting, and software maintenance and development services. In addition, our service providers will be given access to your information only as is reasonably necessary to provide the services for which they are contracted.
- Legal Process, Enforcement and Security Notice. We may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Data if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary (i) to satisfy any applicable law (including the Privacy Act), regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request (such as for example, to comply with a subpoena or court order), (ii) to detect, prevent, and address fraud or other illegal activity, and (iii) to investigate, respond to, or enforce violations of our rights or the security of this website.
- Any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our Terms and Conditions of Use, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator.
- Marketing Partners. We may share your Usage Data with our marketing partners to serve and offer personalised ads. We may share Personal Information with our marketing partners to correlate and match our list with our marketing partners’ lists for purposes of creating an “audience” for serving personalised ads.
- Third parties outside of Australia. We may also provide your personal information to third parties that are located outside of Australia, (including the United States of America). When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipient handles your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with your personal information in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act.
We may participate with our marketing partners for purposes of providing personalised ads based on your interests. This activity is performed by collecting Usage Data and by using cookies and other tracking and data collection methodologies discussed above to transfer information to our marketing partners which manage advertising activities.
- AdWords (Google): We may participate in AdWords program which is a personalised ad service provided by Google Inc. that connects the activity of this website with the AdWords advertising network and the Doubleclick cookie. Information collected: cookie and Usage Data. For the opt-out, visit –> https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
- Custom Audience (Facebook): We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience program which enables us to display personalised ads to persons on our email lists when they visit Facebook.com. We provide Personal Data such as your email address and phone number to Facebook to enable Facebook to determine if you are a registered account holder with Facebook. You may opt-out of participation in our Facebook Custom Audience by sending an email, from the email address you are opting out of, to the email address provided in our contact information below. For your opt-out to be effective, you must: (i) place the following text in the subject line of the email – “Opting Out of Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads”, and (ii) in the body of the email, include your name and email address. We will forward your name and email address to Facebook.com with a request to delete you from all of our Facebook Custom Audience Ads.
- Other Personalised and Behavioural Advertising services. We may participate in additional re-targeting and behavioural advertising services that will be similar to the services described above.
Under the Privacy Act, you have certain rights to access and update the personal information we hold about you.
Personal information we hold about you can be accessed by making an access request to us. When you make a request to access your personal information we hold about you, we will ask you to verify your identity and may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs of meeting your request. We will then provide the personal information we hold about you within a reasonable time. You can make such a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a member of our website, you will generally be able to access and update your personal information and other membership details online by logging into your account on the Website.
While we request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. Considering the purpose for which we hold your personal information, we will take all reasonable steps to correct your personal information after having received a correction request.
To seek access to your personal information or request a correction about the personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, please contact us.